Friday, April 08, 2005

LISTERINE LIARS

I'm getting hooked to the blog scene, so I thought I share the following:

A few months back, I noticed a lot of marketing from the Listerine folks claiming that they have studies proving using Listerine mouthwash was a effective as flossing. Whoa, what a claim. How good of a deal is that, never having to floss again. Just 30 seconds of the new orange flavored mouthwash and I'm good-to-go. I wondered how long it would take for Listerine to get sued.
My last trip to the grocery store, I noticed the "just as effective" claim was no longer on the bottle. My curiosity led me to do a YAHOO SEARCH, and sure enough, they were sued by Johnson & Johnson claiming they were falsely telling people not to floss. A judge ruled in favor of the dental floss group and Listerine was to remove the claim from its product line.

1 comment:

bschneider5 said...

Good call RASS!!By the way, check out my BLOG